What should I work on next?

24 February 2012

Setting Goals for 2012


  One of the things I have been upset with for the last year or two is the lack of progress I have been making on my (many) gaming projects. I have let that get me down, and that has led to me not feelign like doing anything. In other words, I am not doing anything because I feel bad that I am not doing anything. The strange effect of the doldrums, I know, but there it is. I think the sentiment is a common one in our hobby.

   One thing that might help would be to set specific, achieveable, short-term goals, rather than having innumerable, never-ending 'projects.' So that's what I am going to do. And, I will chronicle them here, and try to keep my faithful readers up to date on progress. It may not be as glamourous as the sweeping flights of creative fantasy that I have posted here. Heck, I know it isn't. But it may get the creative juices flowing again.

   By the end of February, I want to have done the following:
  1. Zulu Basing Goal. Finish basing 100 15mm Zulus. All painted up, just need basing and clear coat to be done. 15% done.
  2. Indian Rifle Squad Goal. From start to finish, paint one squad of Indian infnatry for FOW. This is a newly begun project, and a test of concept. 0% done.
  3. Steam Tank Goal. Finish the turret for my Ironclad Miniatures Steamtank and complete the model. 40% done.

   Not much to start with, but there is only about a week left. I will be very happy to accomplish these goals in that amount of time.

No comments: