What should I work on next?

17 April 2009

New Very Cool 28mm Vehicles from Germany

I don't usually make more than one post a day, to keep things nice and tidy, but I don't think I can wait on this one! The maker of some very cool VSF-worthy equipment was on TMP's news today, and rightfully so, I think.



The armored steam tractor (above) was the new release being advertised, and it is very nice, and will probably find its way onto my gaming table. But the monowheel (below) has got to be the coolest thing ever. Even if you do have to provide your own crew figure and gun.




Here's the website:


I will be buying both of these items, probably more than one of the monowheel. The only question is which nation gets to use it? They used a Copplestone British machinegunner in their photo, but state that most any seated crewman and gun will work.

French Foreign Legion? British (as shown)? Texican? What do you think?

I just don't think German when I see the monowheel. Too light for Germans in my mind. Though that tractor fairly screams RaupenPanzerzug (tracked armored train, in my bad German translation).

10 comments:

Eli Arndt said...

I could see crazy Texicans using this thing!

-Eli

J Womack, Esq. said...

I kind of like the idea of Texicans crossing the badlands out west on these, patrolling the Mexican border.

Eli Arndt said...

I wonder if you could cobble something like that in 15mm. Then you could have a whole bunch of them.

-Eli

J Womack, Esq. said...

Maybe... use R/C truck tires? Or if you could find some BIG Lego tires, which I might have laying about. You could cast them in resin. The seat would be easy enough to do.

Eli, you're a bad person. I need another project right now. NOT! :)

Eli Arndt said...

Hey, I'm just sayin..;)

RSM Cox said...

I agree with both of you gentlemen. It is relatively light weight cheap to build (as to compared with armored walkers) and would make sense for countries without the huge treasuries. Plus with President McCrae in office it would only be the logical choice of Texicans.

Eli Arndt said...

A thought occured to me of a two-seat version with no MG that would make a good scout/cavalry unit.

Also, with Texas having so much open relatively flat territory (no expert here) this piece of VSF genius would have little trouble scooting around.

-Eli

J Womack, Esq. said...

Eli: It all depends on what part of Texas you're in. I wouldn't want to take this on a joyride through the aptly-named Hill Country, but across the Llano, it would haul much butt.

Eli Arndt said...

Lol,

You'll have to forgive me. I live here in the green northwest where the mountain come down to the shore and a hill is what most folks call a mountain.

-Eli

J Womack, Esq. said...

Not my fault you live someplace where it snows. On volcanoes. Or it rains. Until the hill slides towards the coast. :)

We only have to dodge the occassional hurricane down here!