What should I work on next?

01 February 2012

One post.

  One stinking post in January. One! The worst month I have had since starting the blog, I think. The problem is that I spend too much time doing other things besides playing with my toys and dreaming up new and unusual ways of creating anachronisms.

  Heck, I haven't even been trolling for new mini ideas lately. The only game related thought I have had all week was on the way home from work I thought about my stalled 6mm project for WTNW and about how I am going to have to miss OwlCon this year (Austin for my son's rugby game, much more important, but still an irritating scheduling conflict). The thought for my project was that I could play it on a board that I got from a fellow named Dan (better known around TMP as Cacique Caribe). Beautiful boards, I know I have shared photos of them previously.

  And the Aethergraph, just languishing there, waiting for the new edition to come out. Show of hands, how many of you miss the old girl? Don't even get me started on the backlog of editing I have to do.

  Why do I wonder why so few people follow this blog anymore? Its nothing but self-indulgent whining. It used to be entertaining and informative. Is the magic gone? Should I pack up shop and move everything lock, stock, and barrel over to my other blog, which sees a little more action? Another poll idea...

   So a couple of polls, and trying to get my head on straight. Thanks for bearing with me. Its been a rough six months or so.Once I get some more painting and ideas rolled up, I'll post more.

3 comments:

Red Orc said...

I'd say, don't give up. But not even Sir Richard Burton was adventuring all the time. So don't fry yourself either. Wargames may be the most important thing in the world (obviously, not including tea and covering the legs of pianos lest passions be enflamed), but a man shouldn't kill himself for them, what? It's only bally tin soldiers after all.

Yours was one of a select few blogs that convinced me to start my own a couple of years ago - so please believe that you do have fans and readers, but also, perhaps more importantlythat you've been an inspiration to many to go out and do it themselves!

Oh, and buck up that man!

ColKillgore said...

I follow both of your blogs and voted on both of them to keep VBIR as the primary one. What ever your decision I will still follow your blog.
Personally I put everything on one blog and post whatever I feel like. I have a hard enough time just putting content up for the one blog I don't know how you have done it with two blogs.

ColKG

Alfred T. Mahan said...

I vote with Col. K. (oooo, a DangerMouse reference!) to keep VBIR as your primary blog. Not that I don't enjoy your other one, but two blogs can be a hassle to run, and yes, I follow both as well.