What should I work on next?

14 June 2009

Reinforcements in the Mail

I know I swore I wasn't going to buy any more toys until Historicon.

I really meant to hold to that promise, too.

But... I found about a great deal on some minis via TMP. And for only 27.50 GBP (about $46 USD), including shipping from the UK to Texas, I just couldn't pass it up. Got home today from a trip to Dallas, and this is what was on my doorstep:

  • 30 Old Glory 25mm Boer War Brits, of which 20 are very nicely painted.
  • 19 Foundry Northwest Frontier Sikhs, 2 painted.
  • 2 Indian elephants
  • 2 lions
  • 5 Bactrian camels
  • 1 dromedary
  • Col Marbles (Frother's)
  • 4 harem girls dancing
  • 5 women in burqas
  • 7 Foundry DA British officers and adventurers, 4 painted
  • 1 'native' cannon

The miniatures of indeterminate origin are believed to be Irregular Miniatures.

Time to revise the Pledge, I guess. Man, this year is going to be very bad, what with Historicon coming up and all...

2 comments:

Eli Arndt said...

That's quite a bunch of reinforcements.

You seem to be picking up more and more 28mm stuff. Straying from the one true scale are you?

-Eli

J Womack, Esq. said...

Ummm... no... 'course not... that would be naughty...