"I have a variety of other flying devices and mounts and plans and such for 25/28mm, including High Martians, airships, etc. Nothing else currently on tap for 15/18mm, though I would like to get on to scratchbuilding some kites and airships for them as well."
Actually, that statement was not entirely true. It omitted somethings that were already in the works, and all of my nefarious future and past aerial plans. So, I thought I would, in the interst of full disclosure, describe my existing plans for aerial combatants in VSF games over Mars, Earth, and Venus.
In 15/18mm scale:
- I have an airship already purchased, the Lee Scoresby airship from the moving picture The Golden Compass. It requires modification. Quite possibly Texican.
- Figures called 'ornithopters' for a game called "Crucible". I won them in an auction. These have yet to be removed from packaging, and the package photo is less than stunning, so I am unsure of how they will be used. Perhaps French, or American.
- Martian deathrays, mounted on golden whorled rays
- Martian flying boat, with 3-D sail plan.
- A German zeppelin. C'mon, you pretty well ahve to have one of these.
- A purchased scratch-built aerial gunship, essentially an Aphid-class - purchased and on its way.
- High Martians from RAFM in my plans
- Mage Knight mechanical dragonflies for dragonfly lancers (need lancers, though)
- Rocket pack Americans (from Great Rail Wars)
- Idea of helicopter packs for German troops (whirlytotenfliegers)
- Martian deathray riders - yeah, I decided to do it in both scales and just need to suck it up and buy more minis and rays.
- Martian flying boat, with 3-D sail plan. Probably use the flying skiff sold by London War Room along with their Parroom Station line as the basis, then add sails.